Monday, January 28, 2013

Julie of the Wolves

Miyax (also known as Julie, her English name) runs away from a home situation she finds intolerable and plans to go to San Francisco, towards her pen pal. But it isn't long until she finds herself lost in the Alaskan wilderness.
She is then adopted by a pack of wolves, who she loves as her brothers. And with the help of her new family and the survival skills her father taught her, Miyax struggles to survive.

Although I would have liked a little more description here and there, I really enjoyed this book. I liked how the author didn't tell you Miyax's story right away, she left you wondering for a little while. Also, I loved when Miyax sorted her memories by color, because I do that all the time! I'd say this is a must-read for all animal-lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment