Monday, January 20, 2014

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre follows reserved, serious, thoughtful Jane through her life; first at her mean aunt's home, then at her school, then as a teacher, and finally, as a governess at Thornfield, where she surprises herself by finding more than just a job there.

  The length and classic-ness of this book was daunting to me, which is why I hadn't read it sooner. The only real reason I read it now was because my English class assigned it. But I am glad I read it, because it wasn't half as scary as I'd expected, plus it doesn't take long to read at all. Jane Eyre has the flowery writing similar to the Jane Austen novels and the kind of story that stays with you, like Harry Potter. And while it's one of the saddest books I've ever read (Getting Near to Baby is the saddest) it's a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment