Monday, October 21, 2013

The House of Hades

In the fourth book of The Heroes of Olympus, things are only getting harder for the seven demigods. *spoiler alert* Percy and Annabeth are in Tartarus and the rest of the crew is trying to save them. But a demigod's journey is never that simple.

  I've liked this spin-off of the Percy Jackson series a lot more than I liked the Percy Jackson books. Don't get me wrong, I loved those too, but these are much better in my opinion. 
   House of Hades was, well, depressing. Although in a good way. I enjoyed it tremendously and the character development was incredible. Jason was addressed for being "perfect" and I like him a lot more now. 
   As for Nico...I won't spoil anything, though I found him way more relatable in this book. He hid his feelings for fear of being teased. That I can definitely understand. He is quiet because he doesn't think the others will accept him,  which is how I was when I first moved to Ohio (and it's been in the last two years or so that that's changed.) So although it may sound strange, that is honestly how I feel. (Tease me all you want, it'll only prove my point.) ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment