Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

 Through letters to someone he's never met but has heard is a kind and understanding person, Charlie tells of the ups and downs of freshman year. As he deals with the loss of his best friend who killed himself and his aunt Helen who died in a car accident, he is also trying to "participate" as his English teacher suggested. 

  I read this book knowing the twist because I didn't know until after the movie that it was a book. But I still loved it. There was one scene that wasn't in the movie and was not mentioned on Common Sense Media, and it definitely should have been. I liked the witty remarks that were scattered through Charlie's letters and how everything that seemed kind of unrealistic or odd was explained at the end. That's one thing that most books fail to do. I think this would be a really interesting book to read with a book club. because there's so much in it to discuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment