Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Name is Memory

 Lucy has had a crush on Daniel for years, although he seems not to want to even be friends with her. When, at their senior prom, Lucy finally gets an opportunity to talk to him, she is ecstatic. Little does she know that Daniel has The Memory, which allows him to remember all his past lives. He and Lucy have fallen in love before, only to be tragically torn apart. 

  After the first few pages I was prepared not to like this book. It didn't seem to me that the rest of it could be interesting or good; Lucy was obsessed with Daniel. Daniel wanted Lucy but didn't think she would understand or remember. How could this go on for three-hundred more pages?
   I ended up liking it, though. I thought it was cool that Daniel told the story of his past lives, and as he told them he came to realize some important things. Honestly, I think it could have done without the romance. The book would have been great just as a sci-fi novel. The romance scenes just seemed pointless to me (and there were just one too many of them.) I also thought there were some really funny lines. 

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment